| Filmmatic Screenplay Awards Competition|
5833 Vanalden Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 91356
|Contact: ||Andrew Briggs, Competition Director|
|Description: ||The FILMMATIC Sceenplay Awards Competiton is open to short and feature-length works. Competiton judging is broken down by 10 genre's listed on our competition website.|
You've worked hard on your screenplay, and our staff and Judges are excited to read your work. Entries can be made via the form on our site, or through the FilmFreeway system. All Winners and Honorable mentions will be announced by June 31, 2016.
|Objective: ||The Filmmatic Screenplay Awards were created to locate and expose up-and-coming screenwriters, as well as to empower and educate those talented writers still waiting for their invitation to the mainstream industry.|
Exposure, Exposure, Exposure!
|Eligibility: ||Open to all feature length and short screenplays and teleplays|
|Entry Fee: ||$30/$15|
|Type: || Screenplay, Short Screenplay, TV Scripts|
|Promotes: || Specific Genres|
|Originates From: ||United States|
|Sponsored By: ||Other|
|Start Date: ||4/1/2017|
|Submission Deadlines: ||7/31/2017|
|Winners Announced: ||September 15, 2017|
|Year of Origin: ||2016|
|Rules: ||1) Judges and employees who work for Filmmatic.com are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.|
2) All scripts must be submitted in English, and entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
3) All writers' names should be listed in the online entry. By submitting online to the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards Competition, entrant warrants that all writers have authorized the submission. If a screenplay is written by multiple authors, all cash and awards will be remitted to the entrant of record, with all proceeds to be divided at the writers'' discretion.
4) To enter your script electronically, you must submit in one of the following formats: .PDF (preferred), Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, or Text.
5) Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
6) Entrants to the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards Competition retain all rights to their screenplays.
7) You may submit your entry and payment either online through this website (see homepage) or through FilmFreeway. No preference will be given to either method of submission.
8) Entries must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9) Once a script has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised drafts. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission.
10) The Filmmatic Screenplay Awards will not share your screenplay with anyone except the official judges of the competition without prior permission.
11) By entering the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards Competition, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people or legal entities. Entrant indemnifies Filmmatic.com and its employees and subsidiaries and holds them harmless from any claims regarding infirngement or dissemination of materials.
12) Entry fees are non-refundable.
13) For environmental reasons, we no longer accept hardcopy submissions my mail.
14) The decisions of the judges are final.
15) The Filmmatic Screenplay Awards reserves the right to make any necessary changes, postponements, or cancellations to competition scheduling at our discretion. Compettition staff reserves the right to substitute any advertised prize for another prize of the same or similar value.
16) Notification of winners and official finalists will be sent by email and posted on our website. It is the responsibility of the winners to redeem any prizes allotted to them by the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards or our sponsors. Applicants will be repsonsible for providing current contact information and mailing addresses for prize redemption purposes.
|Prizes and Awards: ||EXPOSURE AND CONNECTIONS ARE KEY TO GETTING YOUR WORK NOTICED AND PRODUCED...|
IT IS THE FILMMATIC SCREENPLAY AWARDS STAFF'S GOAL TO GET YOUR SCREENPLAY IN THE RIGHT HANDS AND INTO PRODUCTION!
* Each annual Competition yields 10 Categorical Winners, One Overall Winner, and 100 Honorable Mentions.
* $1000.00 Cash to the Overall Winner
* Full Script Coverage by ScreenplayReaders.com for the Overall Winner
* One-on-one Producer Consultation for the Overall Winner
* Script Mailer distribution packages for all Categorical Winners
* InkTip Listing Membership for all Categorical Winners
* Screenplay Development Books to all Categorical Winners, courtesy Dave Trottier/KeepWriting.com
* 1 on 1 interview with Filmmatic Staff for all Categorical Winners; story with Screenwriter Photo (optional) to be published on Filmmatic
* Press Release regarding all Winning Screenwriters and their Works to be distributed to all major Film/TV agencies and studios;
* Press Release naming all Winners and their Works distributed to our 20,000+ Industry contacts
* VIP Tickets to the 2017 Filmmatic - Sundance Film Festival networking event (Monday On Main Street), where our winning screenplays will be promoted