| WriteMovies Summer 2017 Screenwriting Competition|
264 S. La Cienega Boulevard, Suite 1132
Los Angeles, CA 90211
|Description: ||We are delighted to announce the return of our main international competition for Summer 2017. The WriteMovies Summer 2017 Screenwriting Competition is now OPEN!|
Win $2000 and become our next success story! There’s $2000 available in prize money, plus over $3000 in script development for the 3 winners, and new bonuses and promotion through InkTip (see below!) – we promise to develop and promote them to the top of the international film industry. Hundreds of writers have found representation or had their scripts produced through our competitions since 1999.
Screenplays, teleplays and pilot scripts are all welcomed. All submissions also get free automatic entry to our Featured Script of the Month contest – awarding free consultancy and re-entry to the most interesting script we receive every month!
Meanwhile, if you've not entered yet, we're keeping the contest open for another 2 weeks: and once you've submitted once, you can submit us a further script for a combined cost of $79 for 2, $99 for 3, £119 for 4 and so on! That's a great deal and keeps getting better the more scripts you submit! Get your script to us now…
|Entry Fee: ||Early Bird Entry (June 19th – July 9th): $29 - |
|Type: || Screenplay, Short Screenplay, TV Scripts|
|Originates From: ||United States|
|Sponsored By: ||None|
|Start Date: ||6/19/2017|
|Submission Deadlines: ||9/17/2017|
|Winners Announced: ||Quarter-finalists: October 6th - Semi-finalists: October 20th - Winners: November 3rd|
|Rules: ||All screenwriters from any country. Scripts need to be in English.|
Entries must have cover sheet with contact info in order to be considered.
By submitting to us you are confirming:
1. To the accuracy of the information provided.
2. That the material submitted is your sole and original work and that you own all rights to it.
3. To your holding WriteMovies and all those involved in it, harmless from and defends them against all claims demands, losses, costs, damages, judgments, liabilities and expenses (including attorney?s fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any stories submitted to the competition or on any screenplay developed out of such stories.
4. That you recognize that WriteMovies and those involved in the competition to which this submitted entry pertains, may have access to, and/or, may have created, or have commissioned, through some other independent source, or may have otherwise acquired, literary materials and concepts, similar to the material submitted hereunder, in theme, idea, plot, format, or in any other respect. You agree that you will not under such circumstances, be entitled to any compensation, nor consideration of any kind, through the use by WriteMovies of any material so acquired. The ownership of any literary work submitted shall remain vested in the author, until otherwise assigned by contract.
5. That should you be one of the winners, you grant WriteMovies the exclusive right to submit your material to as many studios, production companies and agencies as seen fit, for a period of ninety days. You also grant WriteMovies the right to use your name, as well as the title and synopsis of my submitted material, in all publicity and promotional activities related to the competition. You also grant WriteMovies the right to contact you to provide you with contest updates.
6. That the burden of obtaining copyright or otherwise protecting any proprietary interests in the material rests entirely with you.
|Prizes and Awards: ||Grand Prize: $2,000 in cash and guaranteed representation. 1 Full year of script mentoring for the winners, including development notes on all re-writes of winning scripts. Worth $3,200|
Up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If an established studio/production company with theatrical credits wishes to option the script, we will fly the winner to Los Angeles and pay (up to $4,000) for their accommodation. We will pitch the top three projects to relevant production companies (such as Neal Moritz Productions, Bruckheimer Films, Scott Rudin Prods.) and studios (Paramount, Warner Bros, Universal, etc.). You keep ALL the option/sales money up to $1m. The Grand Prize winner is also pitched to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale. We will pitch your script to companies such as CAA, ICM, William Morris Endeavor, ACME, The Gage Group, etc. The names of the top three winners and their projects are mentioned in press releases and on the web.
The second-place winner will receive our free Platinum consulting package.
The third-place winner will receive our free Gold consulting package. Intensive pitch coaching to help you get immediate attention and stand out as a pro amongst the hordes of wannabes.
InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
Winners will receive an InkTip Script Listing and have their logline featured in InkTip Magazine so they can promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents. InkTip Magazine is sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more.
Producers have made more than 315 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip.s sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives.
|More: ||Free entry is available for anyone who orders a consultancy package. These include Judging Feedback (3-4 pages at $99), Studio Covergaes (4-5 pages at $129), Development Notes (7-8 pages of in-depth analysis at $199), and Elite Consultancy (your chance to talk to an industry professional for ust $399).|