Los Angeles, CA 90064
|Contact: ||Tim Schildberger, Series Director|
|Description: ||Enter now for the chance to hear your script read LIVE and receive feedback from the writer of the upcoming "Jigsaw" film( of "Saw" franchise,) Pete Goldfinger. Along with writing in the horror genre, Pete has written in anime and comedy as well... a man of many talents with much "Insider" knowledge to pass on....|
Every script submitted (fee is $25) is in the running to be one of 2 scripts chosen to be read in front of our audience and this month's Industry Insider, in a West Hollywood Theatre on Monday, October 30th, 2017 at 7.30pm. It's our Halloween Eve special! (Costumes encouraged!)
Our event will also be Live Streamed. So if a writer is selected from outside LA they will be able to watch online and receive feedback live from the Insider, the audience, and the online viewers - as if they are sitting in the theatre.
Whether you enter or not, join us, or tune in to watch the readings, interact with our Insider, contribute feedback and gain valuable insights into the feedback and re-write process.
This series is run by writers to help other writers improve their craft. Hearing a script read live is a vital part of the creative/re-write process, so is getting useful notes from someone in the business, especially if you don't live in Los Angeles. This is a unique opportunity...submit your script now!
|Objective: ||To give writers a chance to hear their work read live in front of an "Industry Insider' and fellow writers, to get writers to "get out, get heard, and get better," to create a space for creatives to connect with each other in a positive and supportive community.|
|Eligibility: ||All eligible|
|Entry Fee: ||25|
|Type: || Screenplay, Short Screenplay, TV Scripts|
|Promotes: || Students, Minorities|
|Originates From: ||United States|
|Sponsored By: ||None|
|Start Date: ||9/18/2017|
|Submission Deadlines: ||10/13/2017|
|Winners Announced: ||October 20th, 2017|
|Year of Origin: ||2016|
|Rules: ||- All scripts must be submitted as PDF files. |
- Submission fee ($25) must accompany the script.
- Script can be no longer than 30 pages plus a title page (One act of your feature script, most of your pilot, some of your play etc.). If the submitted script is over 30 pages, it will not be read, and the submission fee will not be refunded.
- We accept: Screenplay, TV Pilot, TV Spec, Web Series, Short Film, Stage Play. ANY GENRE.
- The reading will be live streamed, so an out of town writer can watch the reading and participate in the notes section live.
- At the conclusion of each month's judging, all scripts will be archived, and the process will start again. No holdovers of any kind. All writers are encouraged to attend the readings, re-write and re-submit.
- Admission to the Live Read event on Monday, October 30th has a suggested contribution of $10. Live Stream viewing is free.
- All feedback (apart from the Industry Guest and Moderator) will be limited to 2 minutes per person. Feedback submitted online will be selected by LiveRead/LA staff and read to the writer/audience by the Moderator.
- All feedback will be related to the script only. No-one is interested in opinions about the writer.
- Writers can submit from anywhere on earth, but please note, LiveRead/LA will NOT be paying for any airfare to, or accommodation in Los Angeles to any selected writer.
|Prizes and Awards: ||Writers selected (2): |
- Hear up to 30 pages of your script read by professional actors in front of an audience.
- Immediate feedback from an Industry insider, and other writers with one goal - to help the script improve.
Attendees to the Monthly Reading also benefit:
Monday, October 30th, 2017 (suggested contribution $10) and Live Stream Viewers:
- A chance to meet an Industry Insider, get information and ask questions.
- Improve feedback skills - which improves writing skills.
- Cookies and hydration Station included for those in attendance only. Sorry online viewers.
|More: ||To connect to your community and to get better in a positive space.|