| LiveRead/LA Reading w/ Guest, Brooklyn Weaver|
135 N. La Brea Ave
West Hollywood, CA 90036
|Contact: ||Tim Schildberger, Series Director|
|Description: ||Enter now for a chance to have your script read by professional actors! Every script submitted (fee is $25) is in the running to be one of 2 scripts chosen to be read in front of our audience and our next Industry Insider, Brooklyn Weaver, Lit. Manager and CEO of Energy Entertainment, in a West Hollywood Theatre on Monday, March 19th, 2018 from 7.30-9.30pm. |
Our event will also be Live Streamed. So, if a writer is selected from outside LA they will be able to watch online and receive feedback live from the Insider, the audience, and the online viewers - as if they are sitting in the theatre.
Whether you enter or not, join us, or tune in to watch the readings, interact with our Insider, contribute feedback and gain valuable insights into the feedback and re-write process.
This series is run by writers to help other writers improve their craft. Hearing a script read live is a vital part of the creative/re-write process, so is getting useful notes from someone in the business, especially if you don't live in Los Angeles. This is a unique opportunity...submit your script now!
|Entry Fee: ||25|
|Type: || Screenplay, Short Screenplay, TV Scripts|
|Originates From: ||United States|
|Sponsored By: |
|Start Date: ||2/1/2018|
|Submission Deadlines: ||3/4/2017|
|Winners Announced: ||March 9, 2018|
|Year of Origin: ||2016|
|Rules: ||- All scripts must be submitted as PDF files. |
- Submission fee ($25)
- Script can be no longer than 30 pages plus a title page (One act of your feature script, most of your pilot, some of your play etc.). If the submitted script is over 30 pages, it will not be read, and the submission fee will not be refunded.
- We accept: Screenplay, TV Pilot, TV Spec, Web Series, Short Film, Stage Play. ANY GENRE.
- The reading will be live streamed, so an out of town writer can watch the reading and participate in the notes section live.
- At the conclusion of each month's judging, all scripts will be archived, and the process will start again. No holdovers of any kind. All writers are encouraged to attend the readings, re-write and re-submit.
- Admission to the Live Read event on Monday, December 11th has a suggested contribution of $10. Live Stream viewing is free.
- All feedback (apart from the Industry Guest and Moderator) will be limited to 2 minutes per person. Feedback submitted online will be selected by LiveRead/LA staff and read to the writer/audience by the Moderator.
- All feedback will be related to the script only. No-one is interested in opinions about the writer.
- Writers can submit from anywhere on earth, but please note, LiveRead/LA will NOT be paying for any airfare to, or accommodation in Los Angeles to any selected writer.
|Prizes and Awards: ||Writers selected (2 or 3): |
- Hear up to 30 pages of your script read by professional actors in front of an audience.
- Immediate feedback from an Industry insider, and other writers with one goal - to help the script improve.
Attendees to the Monthly Reading: Monday, March 19th, 2018 (suggested contribution $10) and Live Stream Viewers:
- A chance to meet an Industry Insider, get information and ask questions.
- Improve feedback skills - which improves writing skills.
- Cookies and hydration Station included for those in attendance only. Sorry online viewers.
|More: ||" THIS IS A BRILLIANT IDEA. It’s very needed and everyone involved is benefitting.... having an industry guest is everything. Also, live-streaming is cool for people like me (Midwesterner) who can never truly convince my parents that writing is a 'job'" - Flannery M. |
" Wanted to drop a line and say how much I enjoyed the evening... It's that great combo of entertaining/informational/social. I was really impressed by the notes offered up as well. I'll be back - both in person and with submissions." - Paul L.
" Writers gathering to help, inspire, suffer, and bleed with other writers... thoroughly enjoyable time!" - Steven M.
" Aside from the great pleasure of hearing my script read aloud the feedback from the Insider, Tim, and the audience was insightful and made me excited for another pass at the script. I would highly recommend this monthly festival not only for submissions but also for attendees, all aspects of LiveRead/LA are beneficial for growing in writing regardless of if your script is selected!" - Jenna W.