| Shore Scripts Short Film Fund|
171 Pier Avenue, #145
Santa Monica, 90405-5363
|Description: ||The Shore Scripts Short Film Fund offers you an opportunity to have your short film script financed and produced.|
|Objective: ||DISCOVERING THE BEST NEW SCREENWRITING TALENT FROM AROUND THE WORLD.|
Our 18 Industry Award-Winning Judges including former Fund Winners will decide this year’s Grand Prize Winners.
The 2021 Fall Season of our Short Film Fund will award production financing for two short films:
• Grand Prize - A Production Cash Grant of $15K.
• 2nd Place Prize - A Production Cash Grant of $10K.
Our sponsor ARRI Rental will provide free production equipment rental for the duration of production in any country in which they operate.
Our Judges include:
- Nora Kirkpatrick, Writer, Director & Actress – THE GOLDBERGS, DAISY JONES & THE SIX, THE OFFICE
- Jamie Brewer, Actress & Producer – AMERICAN HORROR STORY, THE TURNOVER.
- Sam Baron, SFF Winner, Writer & Director – THE ORGY, STEAL HIS HEART, WINDSCREENWIPERMAN.
- Kimberley Browning, Producer & Tribeca Festival Programmer – CERTIFIED, ALL HAIL BETH, LADY BOUNCER.
- Ben Tricklebank, Emmy winning Director – LAND’S END, THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – DISTRICT VOICES, CLOUDS OVER CUBA.
The Fund welcomes submissions from screenwriters and filmmakers from around the world.
We accept short scripts, animations, web-series pilots, and proof-of-concept shorts for TV pilots and features. We also accept filmed Short projects seeking Finishing Funds.
Screenplays must be in English; however, the production can be filmed in any country.
We can offer end-to-end support from script development to post-production and promotion.
Our previous 12 funded short films have played at some of the top film festivals in the world, including Tribeca, BFI London, Austin, Cannes, Encounters, Palm Springs, and many others. Our writers have gone onto gain representation, sold screenplays, and been staffed on TV shows as a direct result of entering.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PREVIOUS WINNERS FILMS
Every writer who enters receives a FREE 18-page booklet on HOW TO GET YOUR SCREENPLAY PRODUCED.
Dates & Fees
Opening Date - July 15, 2021
Early Deadline - August 29, 2021
Regular Deadline - September 30, 2021
Final Deadline - October 31, 2021
Finalists Announced - December 01, 2021
Winners Announced - December 14, 2021
|Eligibility: ||All, Anywhere|
|Entry Fee: ||$40-$50|
|Type: || Short Screenplay|
|Originates From: ||United States|
|Sponsored By: ||Production Company|
|Start Date: ||7/15/2021|
|Submission Deadlines: ||10/31/2021|
|Winners Announced: ||14th December 2021|
|Year of Origin: ||2016|
|Rules: ||In addition to unproduced scripts, we accept shorts that have already been filmed and are in need of additional Finishing Funds. For finishing fund entries, please enter via our website https://www.shorescripts.com/shortfilmfund/. Select the "In Production Film" format and, along with your script, enter the URL & password to a password-protected copy of the Short for which you are applying. The password will be used internally to assess your submission and will not be shared externally. |
All the RULES, FAQ’s & MORE INFO CAN BE SEEN HERE: http://www.shorescripts.com/
|Prizes and Awards: ||- Grand Prize - A Production Cash Grant of $15K.|
- 2nd Place Prize - A Production Cash Grant of $10K.
- The resulting short films will be sent to our Judges, Industry, and Directors Roster. That’s over 300 of the best people working in the industry who will see your work.
- Our sponsor ARRI Rental will provide free production equipment rental for the duration of production in any country in which they operate.
- PLUS, the Grand Prize Winner will receive a FREE Festival Pass to HollyShorts 2022.
- AND, our two Prize Winners will each receive a FREE copy of the Final Draft screenwriting app.
- Top 5 Finalists will also receive an exclusive feedback report from one of our Short Judges with suggestions on how you can further develop your screenplay and receive a FREE copy of Final Draft 12.
- Top 15 Finalists - Your script will be sent to our Judges, Directors & specially chosen members of our Industry Roster AND you'll receive FREE access to our Ultimate Screenwriting Course led by former UCLA Head of Screenwriting, Richard Walter.
|More: ||TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PREVIOUS WINNERS FILMS HERE:|