| Shore Scripts Fiction Podcast Contest|
171 Pier Avenue, #145
Santa Monica, 90405-5363
|Description: ||Writing a podcast script (or even adapting your existing script for a podcast) means fewer layers between your story and a potential audience of millions. Over 100 million people in the USA listen to at least one Podcast a month and 50% of all US homes have described themselves as “podcast fans”.|
And what’s more, each week more Americans listen to Podcasts than have Netflix accounts! In 2021, 28% or 80 million Americans described themselves as weekly Podcast listeners. That is 10 million more weekly Podcast listeners than the 69 million Netflix account owners in the U.S.A.
For writers, the beauty of the fiction podcast format is that it allows you to be increasingly free to tell the story you wish to tell, without having to factor in the kind of budgetary constraints that come with filmmaking.
Many writers, including our Judges, have forged writing careers for themselves through Podcasts. Hollywood is taking notice! A number of podcasts have been adapted for television, including Homecoming, Dirty John, Limetown, Lore, and Blackout.
We accept screenplay and radio-play format. Please note that we only accept completed scripts. We do not accept synopses, treatments, or bibles.
TO ENTER your script, go to https://www.shorescripts.com/podcast/
|Objective: ||This is a great opportunity to get your work commissioned and your voice heard in this ever-growing industry. You don’t even need to write an episode from scratch. Maybe you have a screenplay, novel, or play that could be adapted to fit this medium.|
We have some of the most successful podcast creators onboard to judge our finalists and decide our winners. These include:
· Zack Akers – Limetown, 36 Questions
· Lauren Shippen – Bridgewater, The Bright Sessions
· Richard Seneque - Visionaries
· Terry Miles - The Black Tapes, Tanis, Rabbits
· Eli Barraza – The Whisperforge
· Nick Van Der Kolk - Love and Radio
· Jonathan Mitchell - The Truth
· Jordan Morris – Earth To Ned, Bubble
Our Podcast Contest offers more in funding and prize money than any other.
|Eligibility: ||All, Anywhere|
|Entry Fee: ||$35-$55|
|Type: || Short Screenplay|
|Originates From: ||United States|
|Sponsored By: ||None|
|Start Date: ||10/1/2021|
|Submission Deadlines: ||1/21/2022|
|Winners Announced: ||March, 5th, 2022|
|Year of Origin: ||2020|
|Rules: ||* Podcast scripts should be between 10-40 pages.|
* Writers from all countries are welcome to enter. All Podcast scripts must be written in English.
* All ages are welcome.
* Podcast scripts should be written in either screenplay, radio play, or stageplay format.
* Podcast scripts should be formatted at size 12 Courier.
* We only accept completed scripts. No synopses, treatments, or bibles.
* Please submit your script as a PDF.
* Previous entrants from other contests may apply. However, previous winning scripts are ineligible.
* The Podcast script must be the writer’s original work. Adaptations are allowed but the writer must own all copyright.
* Podcast scripts must be fiction and work as a serialized episodic show.
* All genres are welcome.
* Writing Teams are accepted.
* Each writer, or writing team, may not have earned more than $50,000 in screenwriting fees in the preceding 18 months. This clause is in place to help us support emerging talent. (Contest & Fellowship awards do not count toward this total).
* You may enter a newer draft of an already submitted script. There is a small additional fee as the script will be reread. You may re-enter your script through the Resubmission page.
* Multiple entries are accepted. Each entry must be for a different show.
* If your script is optioned, purchased, or produced during the competition, then it will no longer be eligible for the contest.
* If you become one of our winners, you consent to Shore Scripts producing your Podcast episode and being listed as one of the Production Companies. The writer will have involvement during all stages of production and will always retain the ‘creator’ and ‘written by’ credits.
* The writer will retain full IP over their work.
* The two winners consent to Shore Scripts promoting the winning Podcast online, to the media, at live events, and in any other capacity that will generate positive exposure.
* If Shore Scripts or a production company we introduce you to, commissions the winning podcast pilot for a full podcast series, television show, or feature film, we will be allocated one of the ‘Executive Producer’ credits. The winning writer(s) will have the final say on all potential commissioning offers.
* If Shore Scripts helps a writer gain representation, option, sell, or have his/her screenplay produced, then we are entitled to state this on our website and on any other platform, whenever we see fit.
* Shore Scripts staff and associates are unable to enter the Podcast Contest.
* The decision of Shore Scripts is final. By applying to this contest each participant agrees to hold Shore Scripts, our judges and sponsors are immune from any competition disputes, claims, liabilities, and expenses.
* By entering Shore Scripts, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online, cloud-based, and email services and databases for hosting, managing, and/or sending/transmitting your submission file(s).
* If we see fit, we can extend the final deadline for the competition. (Please note that this has never yet happened).
|Prizes and Awards: ||TWO WINNERS WILL BE CHOSEN TO HAVE THEIR PILOT SCRIPTS PRODUCED, EACH WITH A BUDGET OF $5000. The writers will retain full rights over their story and have the final say on any potential deals which may arise. Plus, each winner will also receive $1000 Cash!|
Shore Scripts will oversee the production of both episodes, making use of our industry connections to find you a talented cast and crew. We will look to attach a named actor to each episode to further help elevate the show and draw in an audience. Once both episodes are live, we will also help you speak with production companies in an attempt to green-light the series.
PRIZES FOR THE TOP 15 FINALISTS.
* Your script read & considered by our Judges, Industry Roster & Directors.
*Each Finalist will receive a Free copy of Final Draft.
*Free Enrolment into the Fast Track Your First Draft - 15 Minute Method Screenwriting Course.
*The Top 5 Finalists will receive a free 6-month membership to Libro.fm including 6 credits to use on the audiobook your choice of 150,000+ audiobooks, regardless of price (available in the US & Canada only).
|More: ||Check out our Rules and FAQ for all the info. https://www.shorescripts.com/rules-faq/|