| Los Angeles Crime and Horror Film Festival|
Los Angeles, CA
|Description: ||The Los Angeles Crime and Horror Film Festival is an IMDb qualifying event that aims to increase exposure for crime and horror writers. We accept the many subgenres of crime fiction, mystery, psychological horror, and more. Winners are invited to attend the film screenings and the awards presentation in Hollywood and winning scripts are shared with industry pros.|
|Eligibility: ||All Horror and Crime subgenres|
|Entry Fee: ||Earlybird $39; Regular $49; Late $59; Final Extended $89|
|Type: || Screenplay, Short Screenplay, TV Scripts|
|Promotes: || Specific Genres|
|Originates From: ||United States|
|Sponsored By: ||None|
|Start Date: ||4/30/2023|
|Submission Deadlines: ||10/21/2023|
|Winners Announced: ||Nov 4 2023|
|Year of Origin: ||2018|
|Rules: ||By submitting your film, documentary, short film, screenplay or any other material to the Los Angeles Crime and Horror Film Festival (the "Festival"), you certify that you fully understand and unconditionally agree to all of the following terms:|
1) All submissions of screenplays must be provided in one of the following electronic formats: PDF, Word DOC or DOCX, Plain Text, or Fountain. If a script is provided in any other format, the Festival may accommodate you on a case by case basis but shall not be obliged to do so and your script may be disqualified from the competition.
2) By submitting material to the Festival, you hereby consent to the Festival to share your name and contact information with producers, distributors, agents, managers, and other industry professionals who may show interest in your submitted material.
3) All notifications and communications will be performed via email on a best efforts basis. Please check your SPAM or JUNK folders in case your email provider has misidentified our notification as unsolicited advertising.
4) The Festival does not have any premiere requirements. If your film (or the produced version of your screenplay) premiered at another film festival or was exhibited privately or online, it remains eligible. Films with distribution are also eligible. (If your film is accepted to screen at our festival and our screening will be the world premiere, American premiere, California state premiere, or Los Angeles premiere of your film, feel free to let us know as your premiere status may be mentioned on advertising materials.)
5) Submitted screenplay writers may be invited to live events and/or to participate in online exhibitions affiliated with the Festival, either publicly or in a private protected site. If the submitter has received such an invitation, acceptance is optional. Additionally, the Festival reserves the right to withdraw any such invitation.
6) If your film was previously submitted to the Festival, your film or screenplay remains eligible for future seasons provided that it remains eligible according to all of our rules.
7) All submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee. Submission fees are paid for the time and work performed by judges and readers. The Festival shall not be obliged to provide any refunds after a work has been submitted. If a dispute arises for any reason, the submitter will be responsible for any transaction fees or costs incurred by the Festival in connection with the dispute. In addition, the submitter shall be solely responsible for any applicable local, state, and/or federal taxes in connection with submissions.
8) All films must be an original work. If the film is based on an existing property or other underlying work, the submitter must have secured the rights to the material. The Festival shall not be expected to verify or investigate the rights secured by the submitter. By submitting your work, you hereby represent that all necessary rights related to the work (including but not limited to story, content, music, logos, performer likenesses and images) have been secured and you accept all responsibility and liability for any copyright violations related to your submission. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission on the basis of legal reasons including but not limited to copyright violations or any content that violates the laws of California.
9) Works in progress are accepted. However, please clearly indicate on your submission forms if your film is a work in progress. It is your responsibility to ensure that the final completed film will be available if your project is selected for screening by the Festival or your submission may be disqualified.
10) The Festival shall not be held liable nor responsible for any statements or opinions expressed by any individual administrator, board member, director, judge, staff member, affiliate, or volunteer. Any such statements or opinions may not necessarily reflect those of the Festival.
11) The Festival may accept revisions of submitted material on a case by case basis but is under no obligation to do so. The submitter acknowledges that any material submitted to the Festival may already have been processed and/or judged prior to the request to submit a revised version of the material.
12) If a dispute arises in connection with your submission to the Festival, you agree to contact the Festival and allow the administrators of the Festival at least one week to resolve the problem prior to involving any third party.
Rules listed here are for reference only. In the case of any errors or omissions, the rules posted at https://filmfreeway.com/LA-Crime-Horror-Film-Festival shall apply.
|Prizes and Awards: ||SCREENPLAY CATEGORY WINNERS:|
Best Feature Screenplay
Best Short Screenplay
Best Crime Feature Screenplay
Best Horror Feature Screenplay
Best Crime Short Screenplay
Best Horror Short Screenplay
Best Crime TV Script
Best Horror TV Script
CONSIDERED BY INDUSTRY PROS:
The winner of every category will be considered by established Hollywood professionals at production and management companies including:
ZERO GRAVITY MANAGEMENT
THINK TANK MANAGEMENT AND PRODUCTION
THE BLOOD LIST / BRILLSTEIN ENTERTAINMENT PARTNERS
... and more.
Also, the top screenplays will each receive four months of free InkTip Pro membership to further promote your award-winning project to producers and reps to industry professionals vetted by references including:
20th Century Fox
and many more.
|More: ||Submit at https://filmfreeway.com/LA-Crime-Horror-Film-Festival using the promo code "LACHDDP5" for $5 off regular submissions.|